/*
Google

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Sudoku

A craze that's sweeping the puzzle world. My nephew who is autistic - can't read too well - I think the problem is emotional , lack of proper communication or room for communication - is a bit of a whiz at it.

He is numerate but not literate which just about sums the form of puzzle.
It is based on an 18th century Swiss mathematician's "Latin squares". But these days we aren't allowed to mention either Latin or squares.

Some references :

http://www.dailysudoku.co.uk/sudoku/

2 Comments:

Blogger ART said...

After being introduced to Sudoku from your blogpost, I tried out a puzzle. As a logic puzzle fan, I must admit that Sudoku is interesting the first time around, but I don't think I would continue enjoying doing the same thing again and again.

3:00 pm  
Blogger Helen said...

They are trying to advance the puzzle by introducing letters.

It explores reasoning and logic - not maths or word-ability.

A leading proponent is a Hong Kong judge with an English sounding name. I'll post it when I come across it again.

10:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home